Support for Public Entity Saba
In the period 2016-2021, VEI supported PES in the realization of the transport system for RO-water from Fort Bay to Hell’s Gate and the bottling plant. Both systems reached completion in 2021 and PES has asked VEI for continued support during the period 2022-2024.
In summary, VEI and PES will collaborate on:
- Facilitate in building a vision on the water supply system;
- Feedback and input regarding vision on the water supply system;
- Preparation of multi-annual budget based on vision on the water supply system;
- Assistance to expansion of the water transport capacity;
- Assistance to adjustments regarding the production intake at Fort Bay;
- Assistance to adjustments to the water transport system;
- Annual survey of RO-water transport system;
- Evaluating the operation of the bottling plant;
- Update cost price calculations of RO-water and bottled water;
- Assistance to subsidy request for 2022-2023;
- Assistance to changes in the BES law regarding the inclusion of bottled water as drinking water;
- Update water quality and water capacity document based on changes in water process;
- Ad-hoc assistance.
With the above investments, partially funded by the Netherlands government, water availability and affordability will significantly increase.
For questions, please contact:
Fred Elgers, Project Manager Saba